ABOUT

Tungsram Group has been an innovative company since 1896. The company wants to explore new businesses beyond lighting and automotive based on the advanced capabilities of its 5 factories located in the heart of Europe.

The Tungsram component factory was established in 1976 with the aim to manufacture and supply more than 3500 parts for lighting fixtures, lamps and integrated solutions. We are proud of our quality standards that not only meet the industry certification requirements but guarantee long-lasting performance in all lighting scenarios. And to satisfy all of our production needs, our glass, ceramics, metal and wire manufacturing processes are optimized for speed with millions of parts produced daily.

Our facilities produce high durability ceramics, offer world-class sintering techniques and manufacture various coils, cathodes and wires, as well as glass and plastic parts for diverse industrial applications.

 

 

Milestones

2018
Establishment of Advanced Materials and Services. Advanced Materials and Services, subdivision of Tungsram Group, was established to leverage the versatile capabilities of the company in the field of advanced manufacturing.

2018
Tungsram Group Re-Established. New president and CEO, Mr Jörg Bauer, acquired GE Lighting Component Division under the name of Tungsram Group.

2017
Lighting Component HQ moved to Europe. GE Lighting moved the lighting component HQ to Hungary based on the capabilities of the 5 factories located in Europe.

2010
Manufacturing of non-lighting industrial components for industrial use has started

1990
Start of modernization of components production with substantial investments by GE

1989
General Electrics Lighting acquired Tungsram

1983
Establishment of electronics division with production in Budapest and Kaposvár

1976
Metal component factory was established in Zalaegerszeg (lamp base)

1974
High-volume glass components and light source factory in Nagykanizsa was established

1972
Metal component factory was established in Hajdúböszörmény (tungsten & molybdenum wire)

1959
Semiconductor production has started

1957
Start of transferring parts of components production to rural Hungary. Establishment of Factory in Vác (production of components and TV cathode ray tube)

1951
Establishment of the Factory for Vacuum Technological Machinery to deliver machinery equipment for external customers

1922
Start of own machine production with adapting GE-machines to Tungsram’s local requirements