- Borosilicate Hard Glass
Tungsram HG 36 glass is designed for lighting/lamp manufacturing applications, characterized with great visual appearance - provides high durability, heat shock resistance for indoor and outdoor lighting applications.
The glass physical and chemical properties lending great forming capability for pressing and blowing products, featured by wide range of workability for lamp manufacturing.
Major product types:
- Pressed ware applications for - Regular filament type incandescent lamps, Halogen capsuled incandescent lamps (from PAR30 to PAR 64 product range)
- Blown bulb products for – HID and CMH lamp applications (from tubular, through reflector to spherical bulb types in wide range of diameter and height).
2. Soda-lime glass / Magnesia Glass
Soda-lime glass is the most common type and it is the glass of lamp envelopes. It is composed primarily of silica, soda and calcia, with relatively small additions of other constituents. These „soft” glasses have moderate chemical durability and relatively poor resistance to thermal shock, but they are low in cost and easily worked. Soda-lime glass bulbs are produced by Nagykanizsa Glass Plant of Tungsram where there are:
- 2 high speed ribbon lines
- 2 low speed rotary machines
- 3 bulb aluminizing lines